EPA Region 8 TRI Training Workshops and Webinars
EPA Region 8 is providing two live, on-site Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) Training workshops and five TRI Training webinars, all free of charge. These trainings consist of Basic Concepts, which is aimed at individuals unfamiliar with the TRI program and those needing a refresher on the basic requirements, and Advanced Concepts, which is aimed at individuals familiar with the TRI program and who already know that their facility must report to TRI.
Live TRI Training Workshop
Participants may choose to register for either a full day (8:30am - 4:30pm MDT for Denver; 8:00am - 4:00pm CDT for Omaha), consisting of both Basic and Advanced Concepts, or half day (1:30pm - 4:30pm MDT for Denver; 1:00pm - 4:00pm CDT for Omaha), consisting of the Advanced concepts only. All participants should download and print the slides prior to the workshop.
- Registration Closed - April 15, 2015 (Wednesday)
- U.S. EPA Region 8
- 1595 Wynkoop Street
- Denver, CO 80202
- Note: Please arrive 30 minutes before your session to allow for security screening.
- Registration Closed - May 12th, 2015 (Tuesday)
- Omaha Public Power District
- 444 South 16th Street Mall
- Omaha, NE 68102
- Note: EPA Regions 7 and 8 are co-sponsoring the Omaha workshop.
TRI Training Webinars
Participants may choose to register for either the Basic Concepts webinar, the Advanced Concepts webinar, or both. Registration will be capped at 75 participants for each webinar.
|Registration Closed - Basic Concepts||May 13, 2015 (Wednesday)||9am - 12pm CDT (8am - 11am MDT)|
|Registration Closed - Advanced Concepts||May 15, 2015 (Friday)||9am - 12pm CDT (8am - 11am MDT)|
|Registration Closed - Basic Concepts||May 26, 2015 (Tuesday)||12pm - 3pm CDT (11am - 2pm MDT)|
|Registration Closed - Advanced Concepts||May 28, 2015 (Thursday)||12pm - 3pm CDT (11am - 2pm MDT)|
|Registration Closed - Basic Concepts||June 8, 2015 (Monday)||12pm - 3pm CDT (11am - 2pm MDT)|
Basic and Advanced Concepts Overview and Slides
The Basic Concepts training will help you understand:
- If your facility must submit a report;
- How to make release and other waste management estimates, including example calculations;
- TRI reporting exemptions (when TRI chemicals do not need to be reported).
The Advanced Concepts training will help you understand:
- New requirements for this year;
- Advanced issues related to threshold determinations, TRI reporting, and exemptions;
- Chemicals with special TRI reporting requirements;
- How to use the TRI-MEweb online reporting application.